Latest Instagrams
Monday 9 January 2017

Kylie Cosmetics - Is the Bronze Palette Worth The Hype?

It's always such a gamble when a celebrity chooses to create their own fashion/beauty line or collaboration. You can tell some are completely hands on with the design process, and you can tell those who are just after a fast buck, those who would never in a million years wear the designs they choose to brand up.

Now having followed Kylie Jenner on Snapchat for a while now, a channel through which she documents a lot of the process behind Kylie Cosmetics, it seems pretty apparent that she is very much involved in the development of her own beauty empire. 

Of course as soon as the Lip Kits launched it was nigh on impossible to actually buy one. For real. They sold out in absolutely no time at all, we're talking mere seconds and minutes here, so it was a while before I finally managed to get my hands on one (well, two...). Those first two I purchased were Candy K and Dolce K, easy to wear shades which you could use day or night, and which stayed put for hours, and I mean hours. The texture was incredible, I was actually a bit surprised just how good they were.

 Based upon this I bought a few more colours, however to be completely honest, a few of the other shades do seem to have a different composition than those first two colours, as these don't seem to stay put nearly as long as Candy or Dolce. Leo in particular seems to be a bit patchy on me, and doesn't stay put anywhere near as long unfortunately. Despite this, I'm still fully on board with the brand, and they remain some of the best lip colours I've ever used.




So when Kylie teased her very first eyeshadow palette, the Bronze Palette, on Snapchat I was instantly intrigued. The colours were beautiful, I'm a big fan of burnt browns and oranges as they bring out blue/green eyes so well. It was after this that I decided to treat myself and see if the shadows matched the quality of the Lip Kits.




I wasn't disappointed. The Bronze Palette is amazing quality, the shadows are super pigmented, gliding on so smoothly for even coverage which lasts all day. These shadows easily match the quality of higher end brands, and are actually pretty well priced for the number of shades you get in here. Teamed with Candy or Dolce these shadows make for the perfect sultry, smoky look which Miss Kylie Jenner so often favours herself. All in all? I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to recommend the Bronze Palette, even though Royal Mail will more than likely rob you blind with customs charges if you live in the UK, this palette is more than worth the super hype surrounding it. Kudos Kylie...



From the top: Hematite, Tiger Eye, Topaz and Goldstone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest