Latest Instagrams
Sunday 27 November 2016

How To Buy Vintage Designer

When planning for my trip to Las Vegas in September I came to realise I had a little bit of a problem on my hands. When considering luggage/outfits etc initially, I had planned on taking my Givenchy Antigona with me as hand luggage, spacious enough to fit all my plane essentials, and classic enough to go with pretty much any outfit.

However after researching the average temperatures in Vegas during mid-September, I quickly had second thoughts. As much as I love my Antigona, I didn't want to be carrying around a heavy leather bag in 28 degree desert heat. I'd been looking for the perfect rucksack for quite some time, having first seen a beautiful Gucci whilst on holiday in Cannes last year, and so decided to finally purchase one ahead of my trip, the ideal bag when you want to be hands free in sweltering heat.

I wanted one which was big enough to use on the flight, but not so big that I would get sick of carrying it around everyday. I wanted one which would suit my style and that I would be able to use season through season for years to come. I didn't mind paying a bit more for one which I loved, and so started looking at pre-owned and vintage designer versions on Ebay. I looked at Gucci, Moschino and Prada before finally settling on a Louis Vuitton Montsouris MM backpack.

Louis Vuitton Backpack - Aldo Keychain

Some of the best stores on Ebay for pre-owned designer bags are Japanese, and I purchased mine from Next-Innovation, an Ebay store with a vast array of Louis Vuitton, Dior and Chanel. They list each item with a thorough description and rating system, describing each piece inside and out. They take photographs of every single angle of each bag, noting any scuffs or scrapes, which are obviously somewhat expected from vintage items, but overall the quality of these bags is amazing for the price. They also provide authenticity checks on every single item, and have a registered legal license with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Dept. so you can rest assured these are the real deal. 




The only downside to purchasing from them is that you are responsible for the customs charges upon delivery, so until it arrives you're not too sure on the exact total it'll cost you, of course you can probably work this out as an approximate value based on the average percentage custom rate however.

My little MM rucksack cost me £370.00 in total including customs charges. Louis Vuitton actually don't make this style anymore, the closest is probably the Bosphore Backpack, which is currently retailing at £1,370.00. By purchasing from companies like Next-Innovation, it makes it so much easier to afford that designer bag you've been eyeing up...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest