Latest Instagrams
Saturday 19 November 2016

The Fragrant Favourites

Although I have a few different key fragrances on rotation, I wouldn't exactly say I have a 'signature scent'. Probably because I'm quite fickle when it comes to perfume, I like to change it up according to my mood or look on any given day.

Some days I crave the beachy top notes of Coconut Passion by Victoria's Secret, which, true to its name, is a playful combination of vanilla and coconut, and some days I prefer something more refined. Which brings me to my two main scents, ones I always go back to and which smell just as beautiful now as they did upon that very first spray.




Alien by Thierry Mugler





Probably my absolute favourite. It's one of the most distinctive fragrances out there in my opinion, with people frequently commenting or, if they've smelt it before, correctly guessing just what it is you're wearing, it's that much of a unique composition. Which is one of the things I love most about it.

Launched back in 2009, it has a pure, ageless quality to it, with top notes of Mandarin Essense, heart notes, or mid-notes, of Morrocan Jasmine, and base notes comprised of White Amber and Cashmeran Wood. Usually I'm not one for deep, musky fragrance, however the floral elements of this one prevent it from appearing too intense, and results in an enduring, appealing fragrance which lasts the entire day.

Personally I favour the parfum version over the eau de toilette, purely due to its longevity. I know perfumes do tend to cost more than the eau de toilette version, but in my opinion it's more than worth it, as it lasts a lot longer and you tend to use a lot less. I also spotted an Alien candle whilst in Debenhams the other day, which might just be going on my Christmas wishlist...


Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf 





I'd loved Flowerbomb for years before I finally decided to actually purchase a bottle. It was one of those fragrances that I always used to spritz when walking through the perfume hall, and so when I was in Las Vegas in September and spotted this in a beauty outlet for a ridiculously good price, I knew I had to treat myself.

This was a limited edition version of the perfume, complete with glitter bottle, and came in a special Viktor & Rolf gift box. The most beautifully feminine fragrance, it's little wonder just why this has come to be such a cult scent. The top notes are an amalgamation of soft floral elements, comprised of Mandarin, Bergamot, Pink Pepper and Saffron, rounded off with Amber, Vanilla, Patchouli and Oud to add a delightful warm depth. As with Alien, this one isn't particularly cheap, however again, one little spray goes a long way, and it's definitely worth indulging in when it comes to birthdays or Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest