Latest Instagrams
Wednesday 2 November 2016

How To Be An Office-Appropriate Hallowqueen...


"In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." 
Cady Heron

Halloween isn't known as one of the easiest occasions to dress for in the office, however it's actually surprisingly easy to give a nod to the holiday without going whole hog, or, to quote Mean Girls, without looking like a total slut (let's face it, no one wants to be that gal).

Cue me donning a 'Creepin' it real' t-shirt, the perfect combo of Halloween meets gangster, paired with the darkest beauty shades I could find in my stash, resulting in total goth vibes. Although office-appropriate goth vibes I hasten to add...


Now Halloween or no, Haux by M.A.C is one of my absolute favourite shadows. Labelled as one of their Satin hues, it's actually more matte, and is super easy to blend out, giving you a soft smokey eye which is ideal for daytime, or, when layered with a heavy liner, makes for the perfect party eye.

As I was pairing this with a pretty bold lip, I skipped the eyeliner and just wore this with a single layer of mascara on my top and bottom lashes, The shade is ideal for those with blue/green eyes by the way, as its red undertones and overall plum shade place it on the opposite side of the colour wheel, bringing out your eyes' natural colour by utilising contrasting hues. See? Method behind the madness.



So to really make the most of Halloween and go super bold, I paired Haux with a burgundy berry lip, courtesy of Collection 2000. Who said you have to pay a fortune for great lip colours? This is actually one of the best dark shades I've found, a true burgundy which doesn't dry your lips out if you're it wearing it all day. To help keep it in place, I teamed it with the Leo Lip Liner from Kylie Cosmetics




Now, I could've achieved this whole lip using just the Leo Lip Kit, however, to tell you the truth, I'm not a fan of the actual Leo Matte Lipstick. The colour is amazing yes, however, in my opinion, it's actually one of Kylie's weakest Lip Kits in regards to longevity for some reason, as I find it just does not weigh up to the staying power of the likes of Candy K or Dolce K unfortunately. However the birthday packaging it came in was pretty killer, so I'll forgive her this one time.

And there it is, how to be a professional yet sassy Hallowqueen, without having to go HAM on the costume front...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest